All year, I’ve tasted turmeric tonics, teas, and golden milk lattes from NYC to Miami to California. It’s definitely falls under the honorable list of beverages with benefits. I feel amazing after a few sips of a turmeric-based elixir. It gives me so much energy, in part thanks to all the antioxidants found in turmeric and its active ingredient curcumin, which has incredible anti-inflammatory properties. There’s really no downside to drinking turmeric, apart from staining your clothes, blender, kitchen counter, cat’s paws and basically anything it touches.
I love to start and end my days with drinks that give me a boost. For that reason, I’ve taught myself how to make fresh golden concoctions right at home using the root of fresh turmeric also known as a rhizome. Ideally I’d like to drink it everyday, but when things get super duper busy and I’m pressed for time I go for days without drinking my daily dose of healing turmeric. So if you’re a generally busy gal like me with a million things to do everyday, this is your go to 30-day supply mix. Yep, a whole month worth of healing goodness to take anywhere with you while traveling or in your office space! Seriously, it’s just perfect and instant, because all you need is water to activate it! Just like instant coffee minus the caffeine and all the jitters that come with it and without sacrificing the brain-boosting alert effects.
This Turmeric Latte Mix Tastes:
Rich, Coconutty & Balanced
Plus it’s vegan, caffeine-free and organic!
I’ve spent a few weeks now, experimenting with different powders and spices in ratio to turmeric to create a balanced, sweet but not too sweet, spicy but not too spicy perfect blend. The key ingredients I’ve used in my Turmeric Latte Mix are turmeric, ginger and black pepper. Each of these ingredients play a major role to maximize its health benefits. Black pepper in this mix allows for optimal absorption to reap all the benefits. Ginger is the cousin of turmeric so not only does it add a kick of flavor, it also balances the mix out so it’s not bitter and the mix becomes more potent and has a warming effect.
I highly recommend you get organic turmeric powder for this recipe because some brands of turmeric powder have been dinged for toxic levels of lead and believe it or not, insect body parts. So shop with a conscious mind. I was lucky enough to get a beautiful ground batch from my friend who recently got back from Morocco, where turmeric spice is an essential staple in every day cooking.
Turmeric is also an essential staple in Ayurvedic way of living and wellness that has its centuries-old roots in India.
The second part of my Turmeric Latte Mix is the coconutty flavour from the coconut milk powder and coconut palm sugar. These two ingredients are also an essential part of the mix because it allows me to enjoy it instantly where ever and whenever by simply adding water.
If you’re allergic to coconut products, no worries — you can still enjoy an amazing version of this mix. Simply replace the coconut milk powder with almond, cashew, hemp or any other plant milk powder. And no need to add the coconut sugar in the mix – you can always add sweetener of choice per serving.
3 RAD HEALTH BENEFITS OF TURMERIC:
★ Helps prevent indigestion and bloating by creating a healthy gut environment.
★ Prevents blood clots by improving blood flow throughout the body.
★ Helps alleviate pain, rheumatoid arthritis and wards off colds & flu viruses.
SCOOP ON BEAUTY:
★ Turmeric also has skin-healing powers thanks to its antimicrobial properties which keep skin glowing bright and blemish free by banishing acne-causing bacteria. It also helps prevent sun damage. Not only that, it keeps eye puffiness and dark circles at bay. I personally like to whip it up as a mask using 1 tsp. of turmeric with ¼ cup of coconut yogurt as a natural 15-minute mask 1-2 times a week. And it’s wonderful for anyone who has sensitive skin like me.
Get your hands on some organic turmeric. Your body and skin will thank you later! Due to popular demand, I will create an FAQ or product section on my blog where I answer what kind of products I use in my recipes, crockery, etc. Stay tuned for that!
In today’s recipe, I share with you how to make my turmeric latte mix supply and how to use the mix to make 1 frothy turmeric latte. The main base of the latte is ready to go for the next 30 days and all you need is water. But I also leave a little bit of room for the latte, so we can get as creative as we want. When I blend 1 cup of water with my mix, I also like to add other ingredients that result in a more potent blend.
I will go into details about which coconut butters, vegan collagen powders, and shea butters I use to boost my latte’s potency. And how I use the ashwagandha root, maca roots and an array of medicinal mushroom powders that I love to add to my turmeric latte to take it to the next level. It’s quite amazing because there is so much to talk about, I shall save it for another blog post. These are only additional ingredients that are totally optional and are meant to be switched and alternated on a daily basis depending on how your body is feeling. They also each have their distinct tastes and some have quite strong flavors. So if you’re new to the turmeric latte game it might be difficult to stomach a mushroom powder; speaking from personal experience. These are just a few of my reasons for leaving them out of my Turmeric Latte Mix. I will be sharing all of this in the near future.
Golden Turmeric Latte Mix (30 Day Supply)Print This
- 2 cups of coconut milk powder* or plant milk powder of choice
- 1 cup of coconut palm sugar
- ½ cup of turmeric powder
- ¼ cup of ginger powder
- 2 teaspoons of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan/pink salt
- Optional for a punch of spice: ½ teaspoon of cayenne spice
- Optional: 1 6-inch vanilla bean pod, split and scooped out or 1 tsp of vanilla bean powder
How to Make
- Place all the dry ingredients in a deep bowl and mix them well.
- Store in a tightly sealed mason jar and don’t fill the bottle to the top, leaving room to shake it before you use it.
TO MAKE 1 CUP OF TURMERIC LATTE USING THE MIX:
- Blend 1 Tbsp. of my Turmeric Latte Mix with 1 cup of hot water and 1 Tbsp. of organic coconut butter* in a blender on high speed for 1 minute.
- Recipe Notes: If don’t have plant milk powder – no worries, simply repeat step 1 and mix 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of any fresh plant milk (coconut, hemp, almond, cashew milk, etc.) If you’d like to enjoy this beverage sweeter – after following step 1 simply taste it and add maple syrup or sweetener of choice. If you’d like to drink it cold – after following step 1 simply add ice and blend and then pop it into the freezer to chill for 10 minutes.
TO MAKE 1 SERVING ONLY OF THE TURMERIC LATTE MIX:
- In a bowl mix 2 tablespoon of coconut milk powder, 1 tablespoon of coconut palm sugar, 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder, 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper, a pinch of pink salt and a pinch of cayenne spice.
- Repeat steps above from how ‘To Make 1 Cup of Turmeric Latte Using The Mix’
- If you’re new to this blend and find that it has a strong turmeric (curry-like) taste, I recommend you use 1/4 cup of turmeric powder instead of 1/2 cup (which is what my recipe calls for).
- The recipe I share calls for coconut butter, but you can also use shea butter or vegan collagen blends for the same results. I will share the details of all the extra ingredients I like to boost this latte with in a future blog post.
- *All spices must be in ground / powder form.
- *Substitute for coconut milk powder (any other plant milk powder – almond, cashew, hemp etc.).
- If you can’t find any plant milk powder where you are simply leave it out of the mix and everytime you make the latte add 1/2 a cup of warm water and 1/2 cup of plant milk of choice.
- *The coconut milk powder I used is by Native Forest, it’s organic and acts like a thick creamer.
Any and all products mentioned in my blog posts are not sponsored. I want this blog to be a place of transparency and authenticity. All brands mentioned are genuine recommendations by me because I feel they work best for my recipes!
If you make this recipe, let me know! Drop a comment and don’t forget to tag your picture using #tropicallylina @Tropicallylina on Instagram so I can see your re-creation. I’ll be sharing my favorites on my account!
Cheers babes! x
I have never seen nor heard of plant milk powders, and I doubt I’d find them in Italy. Could I leave it out and maybe add it day by day? Maybe half cup water and half milk? What d’you reckon?
Hi Marta! Good thinking – you got it! That’s exactly what i’d recommend. x
Sounds yum 👅, I don’t have enough coconut milk powder to make a big batch , what would the measurements be if I were to make one cup to give it a try ?
Thanks Mae! It’s quite delish. See right above the ‘Notes’ in the Recipe below – you’ll see how to make 1 Serving of the Turmeric Latte Mix. And see ‘notes’ for what to use if you don’t have any plant milks on hand. Basically use any liquid plant milk 1/2 cup with 1/2 cup of water. hope that helps x
I love that this makes a 30 day supply! The biggest reason I don’t make beverages like this often is because I don’t like to make them frequently, so I love this idea, thanks for sharing!
Awh thanks Nisha! cheers x
Thank you so much. This is my first time trying a turmeric latte and I was a bit nervous. This is wonderful! Thank you for sharing!
My pleasure Michele! cheers X